App developer sessions at the 12.04 Ubuntu Developer Summit
Sunday, October 30, 2011
UDS is here again. Tomorrow another week packed with content that will define the plans for a new Ubuntu LTS release will start, and this time around application development will be a prominent topic.
So for all of you interested in helping and being part of the effort of making Ubuntu a platform of choice for application developers, here’s a quick list with an overview of the sessions we’ve got in store this week.
Remember you can register your interest in sessions you want to attend or keep up to date with by using the Subscribe link on each session’s blueprint. The links in the list below will take you to the blueprints used to define the specifications for each feature or goal. You can also check out the full UDS schedule.
So, without further ado, here’s the list of app development sessions:
- Software Center roadmap – the feature planning for Software Center in the upcoming release
- App developer community growth – laying out the foundations to build and grow the Ubuntu app developer community
- App developer resources section update – the plans to update the Information Architecture on the resources section of the app developer site
- App developer support community growth – defining the roadmap for a community to share knowledge and provide support between app developers
- App developer tutorial growth – an initiative to create a rich set of development tutorials on the app developer site
- App Review Board update and planning – the App Review Board roadmap for 12.04
- Quickly 12.04 Enhancements – the plans to make Quickly better and keep pace with the platform
- Qt panel – a Q+A and all-round discussion session about the Qt roadmap and other topics
- Qt integration – a session on how to integrate Qt to Ubuntu development tools and APIs
- QtQuick workshop for designers – a showcase of the tools QtQuick makes available to designers to integrate their output in the development workflow
Oh, and don’t miss the Application development and the Qt keynotes on Tuesday
See you all there!